COVID-19 information for our corporate clients
As workers begin to return to the office, there may be questions about the safety of shared spaces including the arcade games provided by Rent My Arcade. I wanted to drop you a quick note to share some information for your staff.
We’ve been following the updates to the CDC COVID-19 Guidelines, as I’m sure you have. The CDC website states that the virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
The CDC also states that It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. However, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Although the risk of surface transmission is believed to be low, Rent My Arcade would recommend the following safety precautions.
- If your company has a mask policy, it should also apply to the use of the arcade games.
- The games should be spaced apart to maintain 6-foot distances between players.
- If competing on the same machine, players should take turns and maintain physical distancing between rounds.
- Players should wash their hands when finished playing the arcade games.
- The high-contact surfaces (joysticks, buttons, control panel and cabinet edge) can be wiped down with anti bacterial wipes as needed.
- Please do not use bleach-based cleaners on the arcade games. Repeated use of bleach will damage the paint and artwork.
I appreciate your business and will continue to work with you during this difficult time. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.